Monday, January 12, 2009
Here are a few things of interest I've come across in the last week.
- If I wasn't a World Fantasy Award judge and already buried with reading for the year, I would totally sign up with the Gene Wolfe Reading Club. All of you who aren't WFA judges should definitely consider it. (I've read, and reread, Book of the New Sun and its epilogue, but shamefully haven't read any of the other series in the Solar Cycle.)
- Todd Klein points out the strips he lettered for Nature (a tie-in to the television series), which features work by Rick Veitch, Thomas Yeates, and Mark Evanier. The strips are available to read in their entirety online.
- If you are, like me, a geek who grew up in the 70s and early 80s, you may well find many of the images in Growing Up Star Wars Flickr pool familiar.
- The Draw! blog had a great post last week about Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies. And it's here that I learn that Eno is now Twittering Oblique Strategies!
- Mark Waid rails against the overuse of captions in comics, and I could not agree more.
Eno keeps finding ways to recontextualize his thinking, doesn't he? I love Bloom too. It's like a little Eno in my pocket.
Aaargh. I wish I had an iPhone. (I'm always reduced to borrowing Allison's, since I'm stuck with my cellphone that came out of a box of Cracker Jacks years ago...)Post a Comment